Chicken Pad Thai
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 packets (400g) pad thai noodles (post training) OR 2 zucchini (no training)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 500g chicken breast
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds or crushed peanuts
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Prepare the pad Thai noodles using the instructions on the back of the packet. Or if using zucchini noodles - spirals noodles and put in a heat proof bowl add 1 tablespoon of water and microwave for 3 minutes.
3. Prepare omelette - heat a non stick frying pan - whisk eggs together and pour into pan. Swirl and coat the surface to create a thin omelette. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from pan. Chop into thin slices and set aside.
4. Cut the chicken thigh into 1 inch pieces. Heat a large pan and use some of the coconut oil to fry the chicken, until cooked through. Add spring onions and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the omelette strips and bean sprouts and cook until soft.
5. Add prepared sauce and pad Thai noodles or zucchini noodles.
6. Stir fry until cooked.
7. Top with almonds or peanuts and some extra bean sprouts.
8. Serve with shredded cabbage and lime juice.