Updated: Sep 17, 2018
This recipe ticks all the boxes when it comes to a winning recipe! Good source of lean protein, loaded with veg, freezes well so is awesome for meal prep, can easily be manipulated for a training day or a non training day, AND is a crowd pleaser for the family!
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 brown onions (diced)
- 1 dried chilli
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 zucchini (grated)
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 can lentils
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tbs mixed dried herbs
- 1tsp paprika
1. Saute in a pan garlic, chilli and onion until translucent. Add in the carrot and cook until tender (this makes the bolognese nice and sweet, naturally!)
2. Add in the mince and stir until brown. To this add tomato paste, canned tomatoes and passata, herbs and paprika and stir to combine.
3. Once combined, add in the zucchini and mushrooms and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for around 15-20 minutes.
4. Add lentils for that extra hit of vegetables and fibre! Cook until warmed through.
5. Now, here is where you either add pasta OR zucchini noodles depending on whether this is a post training meal or not! #rightfoodattherighttime! Cook pasta or zucchini noodles.
6. Serve with a small amount of parmesan cheese on top.
Let us know if you like this recipe and would like to see more crowd pleasers!