Sweet potato, spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Calling all vego’s out there! This one is for you! (And anyone else who dabbles in a bit of meat free Monday!)
Sweet potato, spinach and ricotta cannelloni !
This would be a great option for a post workout meal (with some added protein).
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500g sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- 2 cups steamed spinach
- 375g smooth ricotta
- 1 egg
- 500g jar passata sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 6 x fresh lasagne sheets
- Salt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a non stick pan heat olive oil and fry off onion and garlic until soft and starting to go brown.
3. In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potato, cooked spinach, ricotta, egg, cooked onion and salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a 15cm x 20cm baking dish - cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of the passata sauce.
5. To roll cannelloni - place one sheet on chopping board - get a heaped tablespoon of sweet potato and spinach mix and place in the middle of the sheet, and roll until edges meet. Place at one end of the tray. Continue until mixture is gone and tray is full.
6. Top with remaining pasta sauce and grated cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is soft when tested with a knife.
Serve with a side salad or extra greens!