Thai Red Chicken Curry
Updated: Sep 17, 2018
We have got another family favourite coming at you!!!
Thai red chicken curry… with ALL the veg! We love “chop and cook” recipes here at Target Nutrition, where there is only 1 chopping board and a large pot to clean up. Simple, easy and delicious. This recipe hits all of those requirements!
Note: you can tailor this to be a post-training meal with extra rice, or just have it as the recipe states!
- 500g chicken breast
- 500g sweet potato
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3-4 large tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can light coconut milk (if you like it extra saucy you can add a second can if you like!)
1. Dice chicken into 2cm chunks. Heat a large non stick frying pan/pot and add curry paste, and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant, then add chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring.
2. Dice all vegetables to be similar size to chicken
3. Add coconut milk to chicken. Add sweet potato and carrot to pot. Cook for around 10 minutes, then add remaining veg and cook until sweet potato is tender and chicken is cooked through (around 15 minutes).
4. The sauce will thicken up over the cooking period, if it thickens too much add some extra water.
5. Serve on its own, or with some basmati rice for extra carbohydrates.